Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Time to Tweet

Twitter has been around for years, but until fairly recently, educators have equated it more with the social life of a teenager as opposed to a professional development tool for themselves. As with any tool, digital or not, there needs to be a purpose. To be honest, my Twitter account was set up in 2008, and I’ve only actively been using it the last year and a half. Why? Because I had no purpose. Now that I’ve been using is as a professional development tool, a way to connect with educators around the world, and a means to telling a story, I have found my purpose. Everyone's purpose for using Twitter will be different, but whether you use Twitter or not, it is important to know the basics because our students and parents are using it daily as their means of communication. Your purpose for using this tool may grow and change over time, but once you find your purpose, you will find Twitter to be an indispensable tool.



Using sticky notes to "tweet" our  #superpowers.

Setting up Twitter accounts.

Learning how to thread a conversation using hashtags.

No comments:

Post a Comment